Monday, September 20, 2010

Return From A Slumber

So, I totally forgot about this piece of shit blog until Hash reminded me of its existence... So here I am, updating this. I've been in a deep sleep.

What can I say about this past year? Let's see: Ate too much fast food, became vegetarian, and still eating lots of fast food (nothing has changed). I got my heart broken three times, one of the being intentional, wrote a bunch of shitty pop songs, and experimented artistically and musically along the way. Started two bands, one of them is dead and I'm about to start a punk band. Thinking of releasing a tape with songs I've written for a solo pop thing I'm doing. I've met some great people in the time that I've been gone and I got a new bitty and she's great. I'm still writing shitty pop songs, eating cereal, my opinions still blow. I also realized a BUNCH of things about myself that I'm trying real hard to understand. And just when I thought my hatred for hippies couldn't get worse... I've reached a whole new level of disgust. I'm sure there's more, but that's pretty much off the top of my head. Here I go with the rest of my post...

Hate: Tribal tattoos... Fuckin' tribal tattoos. What really set me off to write this hate post is because of what happened last week. I was driving on the highway and this motherfucker in a blue sports car (I don't know shit about cars, but this shit looked gay) swerves through traffic, going at least 85mph+ on a 55. Anyways, he gets to me and wraps around to my left and I see the passenger and his massive Guido, fist pumping arm that's covered in what looked like shit streaming down his arm, but it just ended up being an ugly tribal tattoo. God knows what they were listening to in the car, I bet it'd make my head explode.

Love: The Muffs. I rediscovered this band again about a month ago and I'm getting blown away like I did when I first listened to them in high school. Kim Shattuck's vocal melody and song writing is of a caliber that can't be compared to many other artists. Closest person that comes to mind is Elvis Costello. I could talk about how amazing their vocal harmonies are, but that could be a whole post by itself. All in all, even though, instrumentally, all of their songs are similar, their unique vocal melody totally sets them apart from each other. Besides being a sucker for girl fronted bands, I'd say The Muffs are incredible at what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment